Welcome to the application site for the brand new series of The Secret Life of 4 & 5 Year Olds.
The award-winning Channel 4 series is returning to follow 4 and 5 year olds, as they play, learn and interact with other children in a nursery environment. They will be observed throughout by leading scientists and psychologists, who will give insights into child development.
In order to complete the application form you will need the following:
(Please note there is no option to save the form, so make sure you have these before you start!)
- A recent picture of your child (up to 10Mb).
- A video of your child about 2 minutes long (up to 150Mb)
Supported Files to Upload: *.mov, *.flv, *.f4v, *.m4v, *.mp4, *.avi, *.wmv, *.mpeg, *.mpg. Alternatively you can send us a You Tube or Vimeo link.
(This footage is only for the Casting Team to view and will not be used in the finished programme.)
TIPS FOR FILMING ON YOUR PHONE:
• Hold the camera steady and if indoors, avoid filming into a window. Turn your back to the window and film into the room instead.
• We want to see your child's face so where possible film them face on and without anything covering their face.
• The video must include your child communicating. We are trying to get a sense of your child's character, so it's very important that the footage you send us has an element of them speaking or communicating. It's very hard to get a picture of them if they are solely singing or dancing. Try asking about their friends, family, what they want to be when they grow up, their favourite day, what have they been learning about recently. Open questions work well but above all we want them to have fun.
- YOUR APPLICATION CANNOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT VIDEO FOOTAGE OF YOUR CHILD.
- WE CANNOT ACCEPT VIDEOS OF YOUR CHILD SOLELY SINGING OR DANCING AS PART OF THE APPLICATION.
- WE CANNOT ACCEPT VIDEOS SHOT AT BATH TIME - YOUR CHILD MUST BE FULLY CLOTHED.
Good luck with your application!
If you have any technical problems making or uploading the video or with any other part of the form please email – email@example.com - please note we can only answer technical questions on this address.
By contacting RDF you consent to us using your personal data for the purpose of producing the programme and sharing it with the commissioning broadcaster in accordance with UK data protection laws. An expression of interest is not a guarantee of being chosen to take part.
PROGRAMME ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. You are the legal parent or guardian of the child you are applying for.
2. You may legally reside in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
3. Your child and one parent or guardian are able to attend filming for one or two weeks between Monday 30th July and Friday 24th August 2018.
4. You are not currently employed by RDF Television, Banijay Group or the Channel 4 group. Nor are you a live-in partner or immediate relative (i.e. mother, father, son, daughter, brother or sister) of an employee of RDF Television, Banijay Group or the Channel 4 group.
5. You confirm that the information supplied in this application is correct. You understand that due to the expected volume of applications your child may not be invited to an audition and that you may not hear from RDF Television if you are unsuccessful.